Objective and Scope
Krishna Gyan Sagar (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Krishna Gyan Sagar”) values the trust placed in us by data subject (“you”, “your”, “user”) and therefore, we assure that we follow the highest standards of privacy guidelines to protect the information shared by you with us.
By using Krishna Gyan Sagar (for example, when you register for an account, enter a consent, communicate with us, on our sites or applications or through social media), you agree to provide consent to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described in this policy.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
‘Personally Identifiable Information’ or ‘PII’ is defined as any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) to a particular individual or natural person, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, mobile number and any other specific identifier indicating to that particular person. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information.
A. Information you provide to us
Information collected when you use our Mobile Application
When you download our mobile application we may collect, including but not limited to, the below information from you-
- Email ID
- Mobile number
About Permissions used by This Mobile Application
- permission.INTERNET : To check internet connectivity
- permission.ACCESS.NETWORK_STATE : To access information about networks
- permission.READ_PHONE_STATE: To pause music if user attends call during use of app.
- permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : To download image file to external storage.
- permission.SET_WALLPAPER : To set the phone wallpaper.
Information you provide to us voluntarily
We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback(s), modify your content or email preferences, provide comments, or communicate with us. This information may include your name, e-mail id, mobile number etc.
B. Information we collect from third parties
a) Information obtained from third parties
If you link, connect or login to your Krishna Gyan Sagar account with third-party services they may send us information such as your registered e-mail id and public profile information from the service as stated below;
- Facebook – Email ID and public profile information which includes name, profile picture, gender etc.
- Google Plus – Email ID, and public profile information which includes name, profile picture.
Usage of our Mobile Applications
This policy shall also apply to our Mobile Applications that are available in the country governed by a data protection regulation. These Mobile applications have been updated to make them compliant to the country governed by a data protection regulation and few of the services have been discontinued in certain platforms in the country governed by a data protection regulation. You are urged to update to the most current version of certain apps listed and/or to delete certain apps that we no longer provide access, service or support so that we do not collect or store information of users located in the country governed by a data protection regulation. If you use an older version of these apps and/or access discontinued services, then we may collect, store and process your information. In such case we would not be responsible or liable for such collection, storage and processing of your information.
Purposes and Lawfulness of processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful basis. Lawful basis on which we would process your personal information includes obtaining explicit consent from you for processing your personal information or processing for “legitimate interests” where processing is necessary by us to provide you with services .
We use information to provide, analyse, administer, enhance and personalize our service and marketing efforts, to process your registration, to provide you services, and to communicate with you related to below mentioned points. For example, we use information to:
- Analyse and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences), recommendation algorithms and delivery which may require sharing personal information with our group companies and affiliates or third-party service providers.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
- Sharing with our customer support team to resolve your queries/concerns related to your rights or services provided to you.
How long do we store and use your information
We retain the information which we have collected no longer than is necessary. This is determined on a case by case basis . Normally we will retain the information as long as you maintain an account with us and till the time you continue to access and use Krishna Gyan Sagar and its services. We will delete your information whenever you request us to do so. However, we may archive and/or retain some information for legal purposes.
Your Controls and Choices
A. Data Portability
You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format; wherever feasible.
B. Data Retention and Erasure
We retain your personal information as long as necessary for us to provide services to you or you ask us to not retain your data. If you no longer want us to use your information then you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Krishna Gyan Sagar account. Please note that if you request for the erasure of your personal information;
- The personal information (Name, E-mail, Mobile No) will be retained as a part of the SSO Login functionality and will be governed by the SSO Login Policy.
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Krishna Gyan Sagar account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., comments, likes) may continue to be publicly visible on the Krishna Gyan Sagar, even after your account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Please note that if you have multiple accounts with us, then you will have to raise separate requests for each of the accounts, along with the associated email IDs or phone numbers.
You can write to us in case of any grievance or compliant at the support e-mail address. If you have any complaints regarding processing of your personal information you may contact our data protection officer at the below mentioned e-mail address. You have the right to complaint about the data processing activities carried out by Krishna Gyan Sagar before the competent data protection authorities.
Security and Compliance with Laws
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All information gathered is securely stored within the Company controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall on the cloud; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. If you know or have reason to believe that your Krishna Gyan Sagar account credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us by contacting our customer support team.
Changes in the Policy
You can also write to:
Fourdatr IT Services
B-278, New Ashok Nagar